ICD-10-CM Code Z89.5
Acquired absence of leg below knee
| ICD-10 from 2011 - 2016
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code Z89.5 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the two child codes of Z89.5 that describes the diagnosis 'acquired absence of leg below knee' in more detail.
- Z89.5 Acquired absence of leg below knee NON-BILLABLE
- Z89.51 Acquired absence of leg below knee NON-BILLABLE
- Z89.52 Acquired absence of knee NON-BILLABLE
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Deep full thickness burn of the lower leg, with loss of body part (disorder)
- History of amputation of leg through tibia and fibula (situation)