ICD-10-CM Code Z91
Personal risk factors, not elsewhere classified
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code Z91 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the five child codes of Z91 that describes the diagnosis 'personal risk factors, not elsewhere classified' in more detail.
- Z91 Personal risk factors, not elsewhere classified NON-BILLABLE
- Z91.0 NON-BILLABLE
- Z91.01 Food allergy status NON-BILLABLE
- Z91.02 Food additives allergy status BILLABLE
- Z91.03 Insect allergy status NON-BILLABLE
- Z91.04 Nonmedicinal substance allergy status NON-BILLABLE
- Z91.09 Other allergy status, other than to drugs and biological substances BILLABLE
- Z91.1 NON-BILLABLE
- Z91.11 Patient's noncompliance with dietary regimen BILLABLE
- Z91.12 Patient's intentional underdosing of medication regimen NON-BILLABLE
- Z91.13 Patient's unintentional underdosing of medication regimen NON-BILLABLE
- Z91.14 Patient's other noncompliance with medication regimen BILLABLE
- Z91.15 Patient's noncompliance with renal dialysis BILLABLE
- Z91.19 Patient's noncompliance with other medical treatment and regimen BILLABLE
- Z91.4 Personal not elsewhere classified NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE Z91.5 Personal
- Z91.8 risk factors, not elsewhere classified NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for Z91 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Contact with and (suspected) exposures hazardous to health - instead, use code Z77.-
- Exposure to pollution and other problems related to physical environment - instead, use code Z77.1-
- Personal history of physical injury and trauma (Z87.81, Z87.82-) - instead, use code Z87.81
- Occupational exposure to risk factors - instead, use code Z57.-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'Z91 - Personal risk factors, not elsewhere classified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code Z91. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.