ICD-10-CM Code Z91.0
Allergy status, other than to drugs and biological substances
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code Z91.0 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the five child codes of Z91.0 that describes the diagnosis 'allergy status, oth than to drugs and biological substances' in more detail.
- Z91.0 Allergy status, other than to drugs and biological substances NON-BILLABLE
- Z91.01 NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE Z91.02
- Z91.03 NON-BILLABLE
- Z91.04 NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE Z91.09 status, other than to drugs and biological substances
Coding Notes for Z91.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Allergy status to drugs, medicaments, and biological substances - instead, use code Z88.-
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Allergy to guinea pig dander (disorder)
- Allergy to cow dander (disorder)
- Allergy to Dermatophagoides farinae (disorder)
- Allergy to beef (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'Z91.0 - Allergy status, other than to drugs and biological substances'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code Z91.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.