ICD-10-CM Code Z92
Personal history of medical treatment
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code Z92 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the four child codes of Z92 that describes the diagnosis 'personal history of medical treatment' in more detail.
- Z92 Personal history of medical treatment NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE Z92.0 Personal history of
- Z92.2 Personal history of NON-BILLABLE
- Z92.21 Personal history of antineoplastic chemotherapy BILLABLE
- Z92.22 Personal history of monoclonal drug therapy BILLABLE
- Z92.23 Personal history of estrogen therapy BILLABLE
- Z92.24 Personal history of steroid therapy NON-BILLABLE
- Z92.25 Personal history of immunosupression therapy BILLABLE
- Z92.29 Personal history of other drug therapy BILLABLE
- BILLABLE Z92.3 Personal history of
- Z92.8 Personal history of medical treatment NON-BILLABLE
- Z92.81 Personal history of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) BILLABLE
- Z92.82 Status post administration of tPA (rtPA) in a different facility within the last 24 hours prior to admission to current facility BILLABLE
- Z92.83 Personal history of failed moderate sedation BILLABLE
- Z92.89 Personal history of other medical treatment BILLABLE
Coding Notes for Z92 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Postprocedural states - instead, use code Z98.-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'Z92 - Personal history of medical treatment'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code Z92. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.