ICD-10-CM Code Z94.0
Kidney transplant status
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
POA Exempt CodeThe Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) requires medical coders to indicate whether or not a condition was present at the time of admission, in order to properly assign MS-DRG codes. This "Present On Admission" (POA) indicator is recorded on CMS form 4010A.
Z94.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of kidney transplant status. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
POA Indicators on CMS form 4010A are as follows:
|Indicator||Meaning||CMS Will Pay CC/MCC DRG Costs|
|Y||Diagnosis was present at time of inpatient admission||Yes|
|N||Diagnosis was not present at time of inpatient admission||No|
|U||Documentation insufficient to determine if the condition was present at the time of inpatient admission.||No|
|W||Clinically undetermined. Provider unable to clinically determine whether the condition was present at the time of inpatient admission.||Yes|
|1||Exempt from POA reporting||No|
- DRG Group #008 - Simultaneous pancreas or kidney transplant.
- DRG Group #698-700 - Other kidney and urinary tract diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #698-700 - Other kidney and urinary tract diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #698-700 - Other kidney and urinary tract diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- End stage renal failure with renal transplant (disorder)
- Vesicoureteric reflux after renal transplant (disorder)
- Hypertension secondary to kidney transplant (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'Z94.0 - Kidney transplant status'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code Z94.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code Z94.0 and a single ICD9 code, V42.0 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.