ICD-10-CM Code Z96.64
Presence of artificial hip joint
| ICD-10 from 2011 - 2016
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code Z96.64 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the four child codes of Z96.64 that describes the diagnosis 'presence of artificial hip joint' in more detail.
- Z96.64 Presence of artificial hip joint NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE Z96.641 Presence of artificial hip joint
- BILLABLE Z96.642 Presence of artificial hip joint
- BILLABLE Z96.643 Presence of artificial hip
- BILLABLE Z96.649 Presence of artificial hip joint
Coding Notes for Z96.64 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Hip-joint replacement (partial) (total)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'Z96.64 - Presence of artificial hip joint'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code Z96.64. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Parent Code: Z96.6 - Presence of orthopedic joint implants