ICD-10-CM Code Z96.649
Presence of unspecified artificial hip joint
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Z96.649 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of presence of unspecified artificial hip joint. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
- DRG Group #564-566 - Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #564-566 - Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #564-566 - Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider laterality specification
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code Z96.649 and a single ICD9 code, V43.64 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.