ICD-10-CM Code Z98
Other postprocedural states
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code Z98 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the eight child codes of Z98 that describes the diagnosis 'other postprocedural states' in more detail.
- Z98 Other postprocedural states NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE Z98.0
- BILLABLE Z98.1
- BILLABLE Z98.2
- BILLABLE Z98.3
- Z98.4 NON-BILLABLE
- Z98.5 NON-BILLABLE
- Z98.6 NON-BILLABLE
- Z98.8 Other postprocedural states NON-BILLABLE
- Z98.81 Dental procedure status NON-BILLABLE
- Z98.82 Breast implant status BILLABLE
- Z98.83 Filtering (vitreous) bleb after glaucoma surgery status BILLABLE
- Z98.84 Bariatric surgery status BILLABLE
- Z98.85 Transplanted organ removal status BILLABLE
- Z98.86 Personal history of breast implant removal BILLABLE
- Z98.87 Personal history of in utero procedure NON-BILLABLE
- Z98.89 Other specified postprocedural states BILLABLE
Coding Notes for Z98 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Aftercare - instead, use Section Z43-Z49, Z51)
- Follow-up medical care - instead, use Section Z08-Z09
- Postprocedural complication - see Alphabetical Index
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'Z98 - Other postprocedural states'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code Z98. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.