ICD-10-CM Code D70.1
Agranulocytosis secondary to cancer chemotherapy
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
D70.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of agranulocytosis secondary to cancer chemotherapy. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code D70 is used to code Kostmann syndrome
Kostmann syndrome is a group of diseases that affect myelopoiesis, causing a congenital form of neutropenia (severe congenital neutropenia [SCN]), usually without other physical malformations. SCN manifests in infancy with life-threatening bacterial infections.
|MeSH Codes:||C537592, D000380|
|ICD 9 Codes:||288.01, 288.0|
Coding Notes for D70.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code for adverse effect, if applicable, to identify drug (T45.1X5) See code T45.1X
Code Also Note:
Code AlsoA Code Also note indicates that two or more codes may be required to fully describe a condition, but the order of codes is at the coder's discretion. Code order depends on the severity of the conditions and the reason for the encounter.
- Underlying neoplasm
- DRG Group #808-810 - Major hematol or immun diagnoses except sickle cell crisis and coagul with MCC.
- DRG Group #808-810 - Major hematol or immun diagnoses except sickle cell crisis and coagul with CC.
- DRG Group #808-810 - Major hematol or immun diagnoses except sickle cell crisis and coagul without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Chemotherapy-induced neutropenia (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'D70.1 - Agranulocytosis secondary to cancer chemotherapy'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code D70.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code D70.1 and a single ICD9 code, 288.03 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.