ICD-10-CM Code D75.89
Other specified diseases of blood and blood-forming organs
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
D75.89 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other specified diseases of blood and blood-forming organs. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code D758 is used to code Macrocytosis
Macrocytosis is the enlargement of red blood cells with near-constant hemoglobin concentration, and is defined by a mean corpuscular volume (MCV) of greater than 100 femtolitres (the precise criterion varies between laboratories). The enlarged erythrocytes are called macrocytes or megalocytes (both words have roots meaning "big cell").
|ICD 9 Codes:||289.89, 288.65|
- DRG Group #814-816 - Reticuloendothelial and immunity disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #814-816 - Reticuloendothelial and immunity disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #814-816 - Reticuloendothelial and immunity disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Sideropenic anemia with reticuloendothelial siderosis (disorder)
- Primary systemic amyloidosis associated with occult plasma cell dyscrasia (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'D75.89 - Other specified diseases of blood and blood-forming organs'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code D75.89. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code D75.89 and a single ICD9 code, 289.89 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.