ICD-10-CM Code G37.3
Acute transverse myelitis in demyelinating disease of central nervous system
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
G37.3 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of acute transverse myelitis in demyelinating disease of central nervous system. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code G373 is used to code Transverse myelitis
Transverse myelitis[a] is a neurological condition in which the spinal cord is inflamed. The inflammation damages nerve fibers, and causes them to lose their myelin coating leading to decreased electrical conductivity in the central nervous system. Transverse implies that the inflammation extends across the entire width of the spinal cord. Partial transverse myelitis and partial myelitis are terms used to define inflammation of the spinal cord that affects part of the width of the spinal cord.
|MeSH Codes:||D009188, D009188|
|ICD 9 Codes:||323.82, 341.2|
An MRI showing a transverse myelitis lesion (the lesion is the lighter, oval shape at center-right), this MRI was taken 3 months after patient recovered
Coding Notes for G37.3 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Acute transverse myelitis NOS
- Acute transverse myelopathy
- DRG Group #023-027 - Cranio with major dev impl or acute complex cns pdx with MCC or chemo implant.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Cranio with major dev impl or acute complex cns pdx without MCC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures with MCC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures with CC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #097-099 - Non-bacterial infect of nervous system except viral meningitis with MCC.
- DRG Group #097-099 - Non-bacterial infect of nervous system except viral meningitis with CC.
- DRG Group #097-099 - Non-bacterial infect of nervous system except viral meningitis without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'G37.3 - Acute transverse myelitis in demyelinating disease of central nervous system'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code G37.3. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code G37.3 and a single ICD9 code, 341.21 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.