ICD-10-CM Code G94
Other disorders of brain in diseases classified elsewhere
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Manifestation CodeCertain ICD-10-CM codes identify an underlying condition known as an etiology code. Conditions that arise as a result of an underlying condition (etiology), are referred to as Manifestations. In ICD-10-CM, etiology codes must be coded first, followed by the manifestation codes. When a condition requires etiology and manifestation codes, there is a "use additional code" note following the etiology code and a "code first" note following the manifestation code.
G94 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other disorders of brain in diseases classified elsewhere. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for G94 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
- Underlying disease
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Encephalopathy in congenital syphilis - instead, use code A50.49
- Encephalopathy in influenza (J09.X9, J10.81, J11.81) - instead, use code J09.X
- Encephalopathy in syphilis - instead, use code A52.19
- Hydrocephalus in diseases classified elsewhere - instead, use code G91.4
- DRG Group #056-057 - Degenerative nervous system disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #056-057 - Degenerative nervous system disorders without MCC.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code G94 and a single ICD9 code, 331.7 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.