ICD-10-CM Code I47.1
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
I47.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of supraventricular tachycardia. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code I471 is used to code Atrioventricular reentrant tachycardia
Atrioventricular reentrant tachycardia, atrioventricular reciprocating tachycardia or AVRT, is a supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) most commonly associated with Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, in which an accessory pathway allows electrical signal from the ventricles to enter the atria and cause premature contraction and repeat stimulation of the atrioventricular node.
|ICD 9 Codes:
Conduction pathway in atrioventricular reentrant tachycardia, a form of supraventricular tachycardia
Coding Notes for I47.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Atrial (paroxysmal) tachycardia
- Atrioventricular [AV] (paroxysmal) tachycardia
- Atrioventricular re-entrant (nodal) tachycardia [AVNRT] [AVRT]
- Junctional (paroxysmal) tachycardia
- Nodal (paroxysmal) tachycardia
- DRG Group #308-310 - Cardiac arrhythmia and conduction disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #308-310 - Cardiac arrhythmia and conduction disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #308-310 - Cardiac arrhythmia and conduction disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Paroxysmal atrial tachycardia (disorder)
- Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (disorder)
- Paroxysmal atrioventricular tachycardia (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
- This is a manifestation code for use in a secondary position
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'I47.1 - Supraventricular tachycardia'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code I47.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code I47.1 and a single ICD9 code, 427.0 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.