ICD-10-CM Code J18.1
Lobar pneumonia, unspecified organism
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
J18.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of lobar pneumonia, unspecified organism. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code J181 is used to code Lobar pneumonia
Lobar pneumonia is a form of pneumonia that affects a large and continuous area of the lobe of a lung.
|ICD 9 Code:||481|
Figure A shows the location of the lungs and airways in the body. This figure also shows pneumonia affecting the lower lobe of the left lung. Figure B shows normal alveoli. Figure C shows infected alveoli.
- DRG Group #193-195 - Simple pneumonia and pleurisy with MCC.
- DRG Group #193-195 - Simple pneumonia and pleurisy with CC.
- DRG Group #193-195 - Simple pneumonia and pleurisy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with CC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Unresolved lobar pneumonia (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'J18.1 - Lobar pneumonia, unspecified organism'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code J18.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code J18.1 and a single ICD9 code, 481 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.