ICD-10-CM Code J35.03
Chronic tonsillitis and adenoiditis
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
J35.03 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of chronic tonsillitis and adenoiditis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code J350 is used to code Tonsillitis
Tonsillitis (/ˌtɒnsɪˈlaɪtɪs/ TON-si-LEYE-tis) is inflammation of the tonsils most commonly caused by viral or bacterial infection. Symptoms may include sore throat and fever. When caused by a bacterium belonging to the group A streptococcus, it is typically referred to as strep throat. The overwhelming majority of people recover completely, with or without medication. In 40%, symptoms will resolve in three days, and within one week in 85% of people, regardless of whether streptococcal infection is present or not.
|ICD 9 Code:||463|
A culture positive case of Streptococcal pharyngitis with typical tonsillar exudate
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #152-153 - Otitis media and uri with MCC.
- DRG Group #152-153 - Otitis media and uri without MCC.
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'J35.03 - Chronic tonsillitis and adenoiditis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code J35.03. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 474.02 was previously used, J35.03 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.