ICD-10-CM Code K03.81
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
K03.81 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of cracked tooth. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for K03.81 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Asymptomatic craze lines in enamel - omit code
- Broken or fractured tooth due to trauma - instead, use code S02.5
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases with MCC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases with CC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Cracked crown (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K03.81 - Cracked tooth'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K03.81. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 521.81 was previously used, K03.81 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.