ICD-10-CM Code K08.0
Exfoliation of teeth due to systemic causes
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
K08.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of exfoliation of teeth due to systemic causes. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for K08.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Also Note:
Code AlsoA Code Also note indicates that two or more codes may be required to fully describe a condition, but the order of codes is at the coder's discretion. Code order depends on the severity of the conditions and the reason for the encounter.
- Underlying systemic condition
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases with MCC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases with CC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Disease-related precocious exfoliation of primary teeth (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K08.0 - Exfoliation of teeth due to systemic causes'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K08.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 525.0 was previously used, K08.0 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.