ICD-10-CM Code M08.079
Unspecified juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, unspecified ankle and foot
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
M08.079 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of unspecified juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, unspecified ankle and foot. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code M080 is used to code Juvenile idiopathic arthritis
Juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA), also known as juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JRA), is the most common form of arthritis in children and adolescents. (Juvenile in this context refers to an onset before age 16, idiopathic refers to a condition with no defined cause, and arthritis is the inflammation of the synovium of a joint.)
|ICD 9 Code:||714.3|
- DRG Group #545-547 - Connective tissue disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #545-547 - Connective tissue disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #545-547 - Connective tissue disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Rheumatoid arthritis of first metatarsophalangeal joint (disorder)
- Age at onset of clinical finding (observable entity)
- < 18.0 years
- Rheumatoid arthritis of talonavicular joint (disorder)
- Rheumatoid arthritis of interphalangeal joint of toe (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
- Consider laterality specification
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code M08.079 and a single ICD9 code, 714.30 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.