ICD-10-CM Code M08.939
Juvenile arthritis, unspecified, unspecified wrist
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
M08.939 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of juvenile arthritis, unspecified, unspecified wrist. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code M08 is used to code Childhood arthritis
Childhood arthritis, also known as juvenile arthritis (JA), is any form of arthritis or arthritis-related conditions which affects individuals under the age of 16. Juvenile arthritis is a chronic, autoimmune disease affecting approximately 294,000–250,000 children and teens making juvenile arthritis one of the most common childhood diseases in the US. Three classifications of juvenile arthritis exist—juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JRA), juvenile chronic arthritis (JCA), and juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) of which, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis is the most common.
|ICD 9 Code:||714.30|
- DRG Group #545-547 - Connective tissue disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #545-547 - Connective tissue disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #545-547 - Connective tissue disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Arthritis of wrist (disorder)
- Age at onset of clinical finding (observable entity)
- < 18.0 years
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
- Consider laterality specification
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code M08.939 and a single ICD9 code, 714.30 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.