ICD-10-CM Code M79.2
Neuralgia and neuritis, unspecified
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
M79.2 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of neuralgia and neuritis, unspecified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code M792 is used to code Neuralgia
Coding Notes for M79.2 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Brachial radiculitis NOS - instead, use code M54.1
- Lumbosacral radiculitis NOS - instead, use code M54.1
- Mononeuropathies - instead, use Section G56-G58
- Radiculitis NOS - instead, use code M54.1
- Sciatica (M54.3-M54.4) - instead, use code M54.3-
- DRG Group #073-074 - Cranial and peripheral nerve disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #073-074 - Cranial and peripheral nerve disorders without MCC.
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Fifth character required to further specify the site
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'M79.2 - Neuralgia and neuritis, unspecified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code M79.2. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code M79.2 and a single ICD9 code, 729.2 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.