ICD-10-CM Code N11.9
Chronic tubulo-interstitial nephritis, unspecified
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
N11.9 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of chronic tubulo-interstitial nephritis, unspecified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code N11 is used to code Interstitial nephritis
Interstitial nephritis (or tubulo-interstitial nephritis) is a form of nephritis affecting the interstitium of the kidneys surrounding the tubules. This disease can be either acute, meaning it occurs suddenly, or chronic, meaning it is ongoing and eventually ends in kidney failure.
|MeSH Codes:||D009395, D009395, D009395, D009395,|
|ICD 9 Codes:||580.89, 581.89, 582.89, 583.89,|
Coding Notes for N11.9 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Chronic interstitial nephritis NOS
- Chronic pyelitis NOS
- Chronic pyelonephritis NOS
- DRG Group #689-690 - Kidney and urinary tract infections with MCC.
- DRG Group #689-690 - Kidney and urinary tract infections without MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Chronic pyelitis (disorder)
- Chronic infective interstitial nephritis (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for additional code to fully describe disease or condition
- Possible requirement for causative agent code
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N11.9 - Chronic tubulo-interstitial nephritis, unspecified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N11.9. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code N11.9 and a single ICD9 code, 590.80 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.