ICD-10-CM Code N13.2
Hydronephrosis with renal and ureteral calculous obstruction
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
N13.2 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of hydronephrosis with renal and ureteral calculous obstruction. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code N132 is used to code Hydronephrosis
Hydronephrosis — literally "water inside the kidney" — refers to distension and dilation of the renal pelvis and calyces, usually caused by obstruction of the free flow of urine from the kidney. Untreated, it leads to progressive atrophy of the kidney. In cases of hydroureteronephrosis, there is distention of both the ureter and the renal pelvis and calices.
|ICD 9 Code:||591|
Specimen of a kidney that has undergone extensive dilation due to hydronephrosis. Note the extensive atrophy and thinning of the renal cortex.
Coding Notes for N13.2 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Hydronephrosis with renal and ureteral calculous obstruction with infection - instead, use code N13.6
- DRG Group #691-694 - Urinary stones with esw lithotripsy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #691-694 - Urinary stones with esw lithotripsy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #691-694 - Urinary stones without esw lithotripsy with MCC.
- DRG Group #691-694 - Urinary stones without esw lithotripsy without MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Hydrocalycosis (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N13.2 - Hydronephrosis with renal and ureteral calculous obstruction'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N13.2. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code N13.2 and a single ICD9 code, 592.1 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.