ICD-10-CM Code N89.7
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
N89.7 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of hematocolpos. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code N897 is used to code Hematocolpos
Hematocolpos is a medical condition in which the vagina fills with menstrual blood. It is often caused by the combination of menstruation with an imperforate hymen. It is sometimes seen in Robinow syndrome, uterus didelphys, or other congenital conditions.
|ICD 9 Code:||626.8|
Coding Notes for N89.7 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Hematocolpos with hematometra or hematosalpinx
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Hematocolpometra (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N89.7 - Hematocolpos'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N89.7. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code N89.7 and a single ICD9 code, 626.8 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.