ICD-10-CM Code O07.1
Delayed or excessive hemorrhage following failed attempted termination of pregnancy
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
Maternity OnlyCode is only used for diagnoses related to pregnancy.
O07.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of delayed or excessive hemorrhage following failed attempted termination of pregnancy. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for O07.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Afibrinogenemia following failed attempted termination of pregnancy
- Defibrination syndrome following failed attempted termination of pregnancy
- Hemolysis following failed attempted termination of pregnancy
- Intravascular coagulation following failed attempted termination of pregnancy
- DRG Group #770 - Abortion with d&c, aspiration curettage or hysterotomy.
- DRG Group #779 - Abortion without d&c.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Failed medical abortion, complicated by delayed or excessive hemorrhage (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'O07.1 - Delayed or excessive hemorrhage following failed attempted termination of pregnancy'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code O07.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 638.1 was previously used, O07.1 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.