ICD-10-CM Code O75.4
Other complications of obstetric surgery and procedures
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
Maternity OnlyCode is only used for diagnoses related to pregnancy.
O75.4 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other complications of obstetric surgery and procedures. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code O75 is used to code Obstetric labor complication
An obstetric labor complication is a difficulty or abnormality that arises during the process of labor or delivery.
|MeSH Codes:||D007744, D007744, D007744, D007744, D007744, D007744, D007744, D007744, D007744, D007744|
|ICD 9 Codes:||650, 651, 652, 653, 654, 655, 656, 657, 658, 659|
Coding Notes for O75.4 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Cardiac arrest following obstetric surgery or procedures
- Cardiac failure following obstetric surgery or procedures
- Cerebral anoxia following obstetric surgery or procedures
- Pulmonary edema following obstetric surgery or procedures
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code to identify specific complication
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Complications of anesthesia during labor and delivery - instead, use code O74.-
- Disruption of obstetrical (surgical) wound (O90.0-O90.1) - instead, use code O90.0-
- Hematoma of obstetrical (surgical) wound - instead, use code O90.2
- Infection of obstetrical (surgical) wound - instead, use code O86.0
- DRG Group #767-768 - Vaginal delivery with sterilization and or d&c.
- DRG Group #767-768 - Vaginal delivery with operating room procedure except steril and or d&c.
- DRG Group #774 - Vaginal delivery with complicating diagnoses.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Cerebral anoxia after obstetrical surgery AND/OR other procedure including delivery (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'O75.4 - Other complications of obstetric surgery and procedures'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code O75.4. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code O75.4 and a single ICD9 code, 669.44 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.