ICD-10-CM Code R03.0
Elevated blood-pressure reading, without diagnosis of hypertension
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
R03.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of elevated blood-pressure reading, without diagnosis of hypertension. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for R03.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
- Code Notes:
- This category is to be used to record an episode of elevated blood pressure in a patient in whom no formal diagnosis of hypertension has been made, or as an isolated incidental finding.
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Abnormal jugular venous pressure (finding)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'R03.0 - Elevated blood-pressure reading, without diagnosis of hypertension'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code R03.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 796.2 was previously used, R03.0 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.