ICD-10-CM Code R19.7
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
R19.7 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of diarrhea, unspecified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for R19.7 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Diarrhea NOS
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Functional diarrhea - instead, use code K59.1
- Neonatal diarrhea - instead, use code P78.3
- Psychogenic diarrhea - instead, use code F45.8
- DRG Group #391-392 - Esophagitis, gastroent and misc digest disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #391-392 - Esophagitis, gastroent and misc digest disorders without MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Nausea, vomiting and diarrhea (disorder)
- Diarrhea and vomiting (finding)
- Spurious diarrhea - overflow (finding)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'R19.7 - Diarrhea, unspecified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code R19.7. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code R19.7 and a single ICD9 code, 787.91 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.