ICD-10-CM Code R87.619
Unspecified abnormal cytological findings in specimens from cervix uteri
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
R87.619 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of unspecified abnormal cytological findings in specimens from cervix uteri. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for R87.619 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Abnormal cervical cytology NOS
- Abnormal Papanicolaou smear of cervix NOS
- Abnormal thin preparation smear of cervix NOS
- Atypical endocervial cells of cervix NOS
- Atypical endometrial cells of cervix NOS
- Atypical glandular cells of cervix NOS
- DRG Group #795 - Normal newborn.
- DRG Group #947-948 - Signs and symptoms with MCC.
- DRG Group #947-948 - Signs and symptoms without MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Abnormal cervical Papanicolaou smear with positive human papillomavirus deoxyribonucleic acid test (finding)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'R87.619 - Unspecified abnormal cytological findings in specimens from cervix uteri'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code R87.619. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code R87.619 and a single ICD9 code, 795.4 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.
Parent Code: R87.61 - Abnormal cytological findings in specimens from cervix uteri