ICD-10-CM Code G06.0
Intracranial abscess and granuloma
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
G06.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of intracranial abscess and granuloma. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for G06.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Brain [any part] abscess (embolic)
- Cerebellar abscess (embolic)
- Cerebral abscess (embolic)
- Intracranial epidural abscess or granuloma
- Intracranial extradural abscess or granuloma
- Intracranial subdural abscess or granuloma
- Otogenic abscess (embolic)
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Tuberculous intracranial abscess and granuloma - instead, use code A17.81
- DRG Group #023-027 - Cranio with major dev impl or acute complex cns pdx with MCC or chemo implant.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Cranio with major dev impl or acute complex cns pdx without MCC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures with MCC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures with CC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #094-096 - Bacterial and tuberculous infections of nervous system with MCC.
- DRG Group #094-096 - Bacterial and tuberculous infections of nervous system with CC.
- DRG Group #094-096 - Bacterial and tuberculous infections of nervous system without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Intracranial granuloma (disorder)
- Subdural intracranial abscess (disorder)
- Intracranial pyogenic abscess (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for causative agent code
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'G06.0 - Intracranial abscess and granuloma'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code G06.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code G06.0 and a single ICD9 code, 324.0 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.