ICD-10-CM Code H61.0
Chondritis and perichondritis of external ear
| ICD-10 from 2011 - 2016
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code H61.0 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the four child codes of H61.0 that describes the diagnosis 'chondritis and perichondritis of external ear' in more detail.
- H61.0 Chondritis and perichondritis of external ear NON-BILLABLE
- H61.00 perichondritis of external ear NON-BILLABLE
- H61.01 perichondritis of external ear NON-BILLABLE
- H61.02 perichondritis of external ear NON-BILLABLE
- H61.03 Chondritis of external ear NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for H61.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Chondrodermatitis nodularis chronica helicis
- Perichondritis of auricle
- Perichondritis of pinna
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Elastotic nodules of antihelix (disorder)
- Chondrodermatitis nodularis (disorder)