ICD-10-CM Code I44.2
Atrioventricular block, complete
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
I44.2 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of atrioventricular block, complete. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code I442 is used to code Atrioventricular block
An atrioventricular block (AV block) is a type of heart block in which the conduction between the atria and ventricles of the heart is impaired. Under normal conditions, the sinoatrial node (SA node) in the atria sets the pace for the heart, and these impulses travel down to the ventricles. In an AV block, this message does not reach the ventricles or is impaired along the way. The ventricles of the heart have their own pacing mechanisms, which can maintain a lowered heart rate in the absence of SA stimulation.
|MeSH Codes:||D054537, D054537|
|ICD 9 Codes:||426.0, 426.1|
Coding Notes for I44.2 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Complete heart block NOS
- Third degree block
- DRG Group #308-310 - Cardiac arrhythmia and conduction disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #308-310 - Cardiac arrhythmia and conduction disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #308-310 - Cardiac arrhythmia and conduction disorders without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Ventricular bigeminy (disorder)
- Accelerated idioventricular rhythm (disorder)
- Ventricular escape beat (disorder)
- Ventricular escape rhythm (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
- This is a manifestation code for use in a secondary position
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'I44.2 - Atrioventricular block, complete'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code I44.2. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 426.0 was previously used, I44.2 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.