ICD-10-CM Code I78.1
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
I78.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of nevus, non-neoplastic. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code I781 is used to code Halo nevus
Halo nevus (also known as "Leukoderma acquisitum centrifugum," "Perinevoid vitiligo," and "Sutton nevus":689) is a mole that is surrounded by a depigmented ring or 'halo'.
|MeSH Codes:||D009508, D009508, D009508, D009508, D009508, D009508, D009508, D009508, D009508, D009508, D009508, D009508|
|ICD 9 Codes:||448.1, 216.0, 216.1, 216.2, 216.3, 216.4, 216.5, 216.6, 216.7, 216.8, 216.9, 757.32|
Coding Notes for I78.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Araneus nevus
- Senile nevus
- Spider nevus
- Stellar nevus
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Nevus NOS - instead, use code D22.-
- Vascular NOS - instead, use code Q82.5
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Blue nevus - instead, use code D22.-
- Flammeus nevus - instead, use code Q82.5
- Hairy nevus - instead, use code D22.-
- Melanocytic nevus - instead, use code D22.-
- Pigmented nevus - instead, use code D22.-
- Portwine nevus - instead, use code Q82.5
- Sanguineous nevus - instead, use code Q82.5
- Strawberry nevus - instead, use code Q82.5
- Verrucous nevus - instead, use code Q82.5
- DRG Group #606-607 - Minor skin disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #606-607 - Minor skin disorders without MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Telangiectasia due to radiation damage (disorder)
- >= 65.0 years
- Age at onset of clinical finding (observable entity)
- Senile angioma (disorder)
- Corona phlebectatica (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'I78.1 - Nevus, non-neoplastic'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code I78.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 448.1 was previously used, I78.1 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.