ICD-10-CM Code D22
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code D22 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the nine child codes of D22 that describes the diagnosis 'melanocytic nevi' in more detail.
- D22 Melanocytic nevi NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE D22.0 Melanocytic nevi
- D22.1 Melanocytic nevi NON-BILLABLE
- D22.2 Melanocytic nevi NON-BILLABLE
- D22.3 Melanocytic nevi NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE D22.4 Melanocytic nevi
- BILLABLE D22.5 Melanocytic nevi
- D22.6 Melanocytic nevi NON-BILLABLE
- D22.7 Melanocytic nevi NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE D22.9 Melanocytic
The ICD code D22 is used to code Halo nevus
Halo nevus (also known as "Leukoderma acquisitum centrifugum," "Perinevoid vitiligo," and "Sutton nevus":689) is a mole that is surrounded by a depigmented ring or 'halo'.
|MeSH Codes:||D009508, D009508, D009508, D009508, D009508, D009508, D009508, D009508, D009508, D009508, D009508, D009508|
|ICD 9 Codes:||448.1, 216.0, 216.1, 216.2, 216.3, 216.4, 216.5, 216.6, 216.7, 216.8, 216.9, 757.32|
Coding Notes for D22 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Includes Notes:
IncludesIncludes notes further define, or give examples of, conditions included in the section.
- Atypical nevus
- Blue hairy pigmented nevus
- Nevus NOS
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'D22 - Melanocytic nevi'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code D22. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.