ICD-10-CM Section C51-C58
Malignant neoplasms of female genital organs
- C54 Malignant neoplasm of corpus uteri NON-BILLABLE
- C57 Malignant neoplasm of other and unspecified female genital organs NON-BILLABLE
- C57.0 Malignant neoplasm of NON-BILLABLE
- C57.1 Malignant neoplasm of NON-BILLABLE
- C57.2 Malignant neoplasm of NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE C57.3 Malignant neoplasm of
- BILLABLE C57.4 Malignant neoplasm of unspecified
- BILLABLE C57.7 Malignant neoplasm of other female genital organs
- BILLABLE C57.8 Malignant neoplasm of female genital organs
- BILLABLE C57.9 Malignant neoplasm of female genital
Coding Notes for Section C51-C58
- Section Notes:
- Functional activity
- All neoplasms are classified in this chapter, whether they are functionally active or not. An additional code from Chapter 4 may be used, to identify functional activity associated with any neoplasm.
- Morphology [Histology]
- Chapter 2 classifies neoplasms primarily by site (topography), with broad groupings for behavior, malignant, in situ, benign, etc. The Table of Neoplasms should be used to identify the correct topography code. In a few cases, such as for malignant melanoma and certain neuroendocrine tumors, the morphology (histologic type) is included in the category and codes.
- Primary malignant neoplasms overlapping site boundaries
- A primary malignant neoplasm that overlaps two or more contiguous (next to each other) sites should be classified to the subcategory/code .8 ('overlapping lesion'), unless the combination is specifically indexed elsewhere. For multiple neoplasms of the same site that are not contiguous, such as tumors in different quadrants of the same breast, codes for each site should be assigned.
- Malignant neoplasm of ectopic tissue
- Malignant neoplasms of ectopic tissue are to be coded to the site mentioned, e.g., ectopic pancreatic malignant neoplasms are coded to pancreas, unspecified code C25.9.