ICD-10-CM Code I97.7
Intraoperative cardiac functional disturbances
| ICD-10 from 2011 - 2016
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code I97.7 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the two child codes of I97.7 that describes the diagnosis 'intraoperative cardiac functional disturbances' in more detail.
- I97.7 Intraoperative cardiac functional disturbances NON-BILLABLE
- I97.71 Intraoperative cardiac NON-BILLABLE
- I97.79 cardiac functional disturbances NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for I97.7 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Acute pulmonary insufficiency following thoracic surgery - instead, use code J95.1
- Postprocedural cardiac functional disturbances - instead, use code I97.1-