ICD-10-CM Code J34.0
Abscess, furuncle and carbuncle of nose
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
J34.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of abscess, furuncle and carbuncle of nose. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for J34.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Cellulitis of nose
- Necrosis of nose
- Ulceration of nose
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #795 - Normal newborn.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Necrotic rhinitis (disorder)
- Carbuncle of nose (disorder)
- Skin ulcer of nose (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for causative agent code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'J34.0 - Abscess, furuncle and carbuncle of nose'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code J34.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code J34.0 and a single ICD9 code, 478.19 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.