ICD-10-CM Code K51.0
Ulcerative (chronic) pancolitis
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code K51.0 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the two child codes of K51.0 that describes the diagnosis 'ulcerative (chronic) pancolitis' in more detail.
- K51.0 Ulcerative (chronic) pancolitis NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE K51.00 Ulcerative (chronic) pancolitis
- K51.01 Ulcerative (chronic) pancolitis NON-BILLABLE
- K51.011 Ulcerative (chronic) pancolitis with rectal bleeding BILLABLE
- K51.012 Ulcerative (chronic) pancolitis with intestinal obstruction BILLABLE
- K51.013 Ulcerative (chronic) pancolitis with fistula BILLABLE
- K51.014 Ulcerative (chronic) pancolitis with abscess BILLABLE
- K51.018 Ulcerative (chronic) pancolitis with other complication BILLABLE
- K51.019 Ulcerative (chronic) pancolitis with unspecified complications BILLABLE
The ICD code K510 is used to code Enterocolitis
Enterocolitis or coloenteritis is an inflammation of the digestive tract, involving enteritis of the small intestine and colitis of the colon. It may be caused by various infections, with bacteria, viruses, fungi, parasites, or other causes. Common clinical manifestations of enterocolitis are frequent diarrheal defecations, with or without nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, fever, chills, alteration of general condition. General manifestations are given by the dissemination of the infectious agent or its toxins throughout the body, or – most frequently – by significant losses of water and minerals, the consequence of diarrhea and vomiting.
Coding Notes for K51.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Backwash ileitis
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Chronic ulcerative pancolitis (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for additional code to fully describe disease or condition
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K51.0 - Ulcerative (chronic) pancolitis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K51.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.