ICD-10-CM Code L81.6
Other disorders of diminished melanin formation
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
L81.6 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other disorders of diminished melanin formation. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code L81 is used to code Pigmentation disorder
Pigmentation disorders are disturbances of human skin color, either loss or reduction, which may be related to loss of melanocytes or the inability of melanocytes to produce melanin or transport melanosomes correctly.
|ICD 9 Code:||709.01|
- DRG Group #606-607 - Minor skin disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #606-607 - Minor skin disorders without MCC.
- DRG Group #795 - Normal newborn.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Arsenic-induced "rain-drop" hypomelanosis (disorder)
- Poikilodermal cutaneous amyloid (disorder)
- Onchocercal depigmentation (disorder)
- Hypomelanotic mycosis fungoides (disorder)
- Lupus erythematosus-associated poikiloderma (disorder)
- Poikilodermatous mycosis fungoides (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'L81.6 - Other disorders of diminished melanin formation'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code L81.6. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code L81.6 and a single ICD9 code, 709.09 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.