ICD-10-CM Code M79.81
Nontraumatic hematoma of soft tissue
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
M79.81 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of nontraumatic hematoma of soft tissue. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code M7981 is used to code Hematoma
A hematoma or haematoma is a localized collection of blood outside the blood vessels, usually in liquid form within the tissue. An ecchymosis, commonly (although erroneously) called a bruise, is a hematoma of the skin larger than 10mm.
|ICD 9 Code:||729.92|
Coding Notes for M79.81 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Nontraumatic hematoma of muscle
- Nontraumatic seroma of muscle and soft tissue
- DRG Group #555-556 - Signs and symptoms of musculoskeletal system and connective tissue with MCC.
- DRG Group #555-556 - Signs and symptoms of musculoskeletal system and connective tissue without MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Intermuscular hematoma (disorder)
- Colonic hematoma (disorder)
- Paroxysmal hematoma of the finger (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'M79.81 - Nontraumatic hematoma of soft tissue'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code M79.81. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 729.92 was previously used, M79.81 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.