ICD-10-CM Code M86.8
| ICD-10 from 2011 - 2016
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code M86.8 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the one child codes of M86.8 that describes the diagnosis 'other osteomyelitis' in more detail.
- M86.8 Other osteomyelitis NON-BILLABLE
- M86.8X Other osteomyelitis NON-BILLABLE
- M86.8X0 Other osteomyelitis, multiple sites BILLABLE
- M86.8X1 Other osteomyelitis, shoulder BILLABLE
- M86.8X2 Other osteomyelitis, upper arm BILLABLE
- M86.8X3 Other osteomyelitis, forearm BILLABLE
- M86.8X4 Other osteomyelitis, hand BILLABLE
- M86.8X5 Other osteomyelitis, thigh BILLABLE
- M86.8X6 Other osteomyelitis, lower leg BILLABLE
- M86.8X7 Other osteomyelitis, ankle and foot BILLABLE
- M86.8X8 Other osteomyelitis, other site BILLABLE
- M86.8X9 Other osteomyelitis, unspecified sites BILLABLE
The ICD code M868 is used to code Sesamoiditis
Coding Notes for M86.8 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Brodie's abscess