ICD-10-CM Code M89.4
Other hypertrophic osteoarthropathy
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code M89.4 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the ten child codes of M89.4 that describes the diagnosis 'other hypertrophic osteoarthropathy' in more detail.
- M89.4 Other hypertrophic osteoarthropathy NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE M89.40 Other hypertrophic
- M89.41 Other hypertrophic NON-BILLABLE
- M89.42 Other hypertrophic NON-BILLABLE
- M89.43 Other hypertrophic NON-BILLABLE
- M89.44 Other hypertrophic NON-BILLABLE
- M89.45 Other hypertrophic NON-BILLABLE
- M89.46 Other hypertrophic NON-BILLABLE
- M89.47 Other hypertrophic NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE M89.48 Other hypertrophic
- BILLABLE M89.49 Other hypertrophic
The ICD code M894 is used to code Primary hypertrophic osteoathropathy
Pachydermoperiostosis (PDP) or primary hypertrophic osteoarthropathy (PHO) is a rare genetic disorder that affects both bones and skin. Other names are idiopathic hypertrophic osteoarthropathy or Touraine-Solente-Golé syndrome. It is mainly characterized by pachydermia (thickening of the skin), periostosis (excessive bone formation) and finger clubbing (swelling of tissue with loss of normal angle between nail and nail bed).
|MeSH Codes:||D010004, D010004|
|ICD 9 Codes:||731.2, 757.39|
Coding Notes for M89.4 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Marie-Bamberger disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'M89.4 - Other hypertrophic osteoarthropathy'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code M89.4. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.