ICD-10-CM Code N02
Recurrent and persistent hematuria
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code N02 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the ten child codes of N02 that describes the diagnosis 'recurrent and persistent hematuria' in more detail.
- N02 Recurrent and persistent hematuria NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE N02.0 Recurrent and persistent hematuria
- BILLABLE N02.1 Recurrent and persistent hematuria
- BILLABLE N02.2 Recurrent and persistent hematuria
- BILLABLE N02.3 Recurrent and persistent hematuria
- BILLABLE N02.4 Recurrent and persistent hematuria
- BILLABLE N02.5 Recurrent and persistent hematuria
- BILLABLE N02.6 Recurrent and persistent hematuria
- BILLABLE N02.7 Recurrent and persistent hematuria
- BILLABLE N02.8 Recurrent and persistent hematuria
- BILLABLE N02.9 Recurrent and persistent hematuria
The ICD code N02 is used to code Kidney disease
Kidney disease, also known as nephropathy or renal disease, is damage to or disease of a kidney. Nephritis is inflammatory kidney disease. Nephrosis is noninflammatory nephropathy. Kidney disease usually causes kidney failure (renal failure) to more or less degree, with the amount depending on the type of disease. In precise usage, disease denotes the structural and etiologic disease entity whereas failure denotes the dysfunction (lack of working well, that is, impaired renal function); but in common usage these meanings overlap; for example, the terms chronic kidney disease and chronic renal failure are usually considered synonymous. Acute kidney disease has often been called acute renal failure, although nephrologists now often tend to call it acute kidney injury.
|MeSH Codes:||D007674, , , , , , , , , ,|
|ICD 9 Codes:||, 580, 581, 582, 583, 584, 585, 586, 587, 588, 589|
Coding Notes for N02 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Acute cystitis with hematuria - instead, use code N30.01
- Hematuria NOS - instead, use code R31.9
- Hematuria not associated with specified morphologic lesions - instead, use code R31.-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N02 - Recurrent and persistent hematuria'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N02. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.