ICD-10-CM Code N42.1
Congestion and hemorrhage of prostate
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Male OnlyCode is only used for male patients.
Adult OnlyCode is only used for patients 15 years old or older.
N42.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of congestion and hemorrhage of prostate. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for N42.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Enlarged prostate - instead, use code N40.-
- Hematuria - instead, use code R31.-
- Hyperplasia of prostate - instead, use code N40.-
- Inflammatory diseases of prostate - instead, use code N41.-
- DRG Group #729-730 - Other male reproductive system diagnoses with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #729-730 - Other male reproductive system diagnoses without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N42.1 - Congestion and hemorrhage of prostate'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N42.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 602.1 was previously used, N42.1 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.