ICD-10-CM Code N73.1
Chronic parametritis and pelvic cellulitis
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
N73.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of chronic parametritis and pelvic cellulitis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code N731 is used to code Parametritis
Parametritis is an inflammation of the parametrium (connective tissue adjacent to the uterus).
|ICD 9 Code:||614.4|
Coding Notes for N73.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Any condition in N73.0 specified as chronic See code N73.0
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Tuberculous parametritis and pelvic cellultis - instead, use code A18.17
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #757-759 - Infections, female reproductive system with MCC.
- DRG Group #757-759 - Infections, female reproductive system with CC.
- DRG Group #757-759 - Infections, female reproductive system without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Chronic parametritis (disorder)
- Chronic abscess of parametrium (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for causative agent code
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N73.1 - Chronic parametritis and pelvic cellulitis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N73.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code N73.1 and a single ICD9 code, 614.4 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.