ICD-10-CM Code O08.4
Renal failure following ectopic and molar pregnancy
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
Maternity OnlyCode is only used for diagnoses related to pregnancy.
O08.4 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of renal failure following ectopic and molar pregnancy. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for O08.4 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Kidney failure (acute) following ectopic and molar pregnancy
- Oliguria following ectopic and molar pregnancy
- Renal shutdown following ectopic and molar pregnancy
- Renal tubular necrosis following ectopic and molar pregnancy
- Uremia following ectopic and molar pregnancy
- DRG Group #769 - Postpartum and post abortion diagnoses with operating room procedure.
- DRG Group #776 - Postpartum and post abortion diagnoses without operating room procedure.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Induced termination of pregnancy complicated by renal tubular necrosis (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'O08.4 - Renal failure following ectopic and molar pregnancy'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code O08.4. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 639.3 was previously used, O08.4 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.