ICD-10-CM Code O41
Other disorders of amniotic fluid and membranes
| ICD-10 from 2011 - 2016
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code O41 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the four child codes of O41 that describes the diagnosis 'other disorders of amniotic fluid and membranes' in more detail.
- O41 Other disorders of amniotic fluid and membranes NON-BILLABLE
- O41.0 NON-BILLABLE
- O41.1 of amniotic and membranes NON-BILLABLE
- O41.10 Infection of amniotic sac and membranes, unspecified NON-BILLABLE
- O41.12 Chorioamnionitis NON-BILLABLE
- O41.14 Placentitis NON-BILLABLE
- O41.8 Other disorders of amniotic fluid and membranes NON-BILLABLE
- O41.9 of amniotic fluid and NON-BILLABLE
- O41.90 Disorder of amniotic fluid and membranes, unspecified, unspecified trimester NON-BILLABLE
- O41.91 Disorder of amniotic fluid and membranes, unspecified, first trimester NON-BILLABLE
- O41.92 Disorder of amniotic fluid and membranes, unspecified, second trimester NON-BILLABLE
- O41.93 Disorder of amniotic fluid and membranes, unspecified, third trimester NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for O41 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Encounter for suspected maternal and fetal conditions ruled out - instead, use code Z03.7-
7th Character Extension Notes:
What is 7th Character Extension?For codes less than 6 characters that require a 7th character a placeholder 'X' should be assigned for all characters less than 6. The 7th character must always be the 7th position of a code. E.g. The ICD-10-CM code T67.4 (Heat exhaustion due to salt depletion) requires an Episode of Care identifier. T67.4XXA Initial Encounter or T67.4XXD Subsequent Encounter. More Info
- One of the following 7th characters is to be assigned to each code under category O41. 7th character 0 is for single gestations and multiple gestations where the fetus is unspecified. 7th characters 1 through 9 are for cases of multiple gestations to identify the fetus for which the code applies. The appropriate code from category See Code O30, Multiple gestation, must also be assigned when assigning a code from category O41 that has a 7th character of 1 through 9.