ICD-10-CM Code O43.0
Placental transfusion syndromes
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code O43.0 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the two child codes of O43.0 that describes the diagnosis 'placental transfusion syndromes' in more detail.
- O43.0 Placental transfusion syndromes NON-BILLABLE
- O43.01 transfusion NON-BILLABLE
- O43.011 Fetomaternal placental transfusion syndrome, first trimester NON-BILLABLE
- O43.012 Fetomaternal placental transfusion syndrome, second trimester NON-BILLABLE
- O43.013 Fetomaternal placental transfusion syndrome, third trimester NON-BILLABLE
- O43.019 Fetomaternal placental transfusion syndrome, unspecified trimester NON-BILLABLE
- O43.02 transfusion NON-BILLABLE
- O43.021 Fetus-to-fetus placental transfusion syndrome, first trimester NON-BILLABLE
- O43.022 Fetus-to-fetus placental transfusion syndrome, second trimester NON-BILLABLE
- O43.023 Fetus-to-fetus placental transfusion syndrome, third trimester NON-BILLABLE
- O43.029 Fetus-to-fetus placental transfusion syndrome, unspecified trimester NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code O430 is used to code Twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome
Twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS, also known as Feto-Fetal Transfusion Syndrome (FFTS) and Twin Oligohydramnios-Polyhydramnios Sequence (TOPS)) is a complication of disproportionate blood supply, resulting in high morbidity and mortality. It can affect monochorionic multiples, that is, multiple pregnancies where two or more fetuses share a chorion and hence a single placenta. Severe TTTS has a 60–100% mortality rate.
|MeSH Codes:||D005330, D005330|
|ICD 9 Codes:||762.3, 772.0|
Illustration of a Fetoscopy and laser ablation of connecting vessels in Twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Fetal-maternal hemorrhage (disorder)