ICD-10-CM Code O44
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code O44 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the two child codes of O44 that describes the diagnosis 'placenta previa' in more detail.
- O44 Placenta previa NON-BILLABLE
- O44.0 Placenta previa NON-BILLABLE
- O44.00 Placenta previa specified as without hemorrhage, unspecified trimester NON-BILLABLE
- O44.01 Placenta previa specified as without hemorrhage, first trimester NON-BILLABLE
- O44.02 Placenta previa specified as without hemorrhage, second trimester NON-BILLABLE
- O44.03 Placenta previa specified as without hemorrhage, third trimester NON-BILLABLE
- O44.1 Placenta previa NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code O44 is used to code Placenta praevia
Placenta praevia (placenta previa AE) is an obstetric complication in which the placenta is inserted partially or wholly in the lower uterine segment. It is a leading cause of antepartum haemorrhage (vaginal bleeding). It affects approximately 0.4-0.5% of all labours.
|MeSH Codes:||D010923, D010923|
|ICD 9 Codes:||641.0, 641.1|
Diagram showing a placenta praevia (Grade IV )