ICD-10-CM Code O88.3
Obstetric pyemic and septic embolism
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code O88.3 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the three child codes of O88.3 that describes the diagnosis 'obstetric pyemic and septic embolism' in more detail.
- O88.3 Obstetric pyemic and septic embolism NON-BILLABLE
- O88.31 and septic embolism NON-BILLABLE
- O88.311 Pyemic and septic embolism in pregnancy, first trimester BILLABLE
- O88.312 Pyemic and septic embolism in pregnancy, second trimester BILLABLE
- O88.313 Pyemic and septic embolism in pregnancy, third trimester BILLABLE
- O88.319 Pyemic and septic embolism in pregnancy, unspecified trimester BILLABLE
- BILLABLE O88.32 and septic embolism
- BILLABLE O88.33 and septic embolism
The ICD code O88 is used to code Embolism
An embolism is the lodging of an embolus, which may be a blood clot, fat globule, gas bubble or foreign material in the bloodstream. This can cause a blockage in a blood vessel. Such a blockage (vascular occlusion) may affect a part of the body distanced from the actual site of the embolism. This is in contrast to a thrombus, which causes a blockage at the site of origin.
|ICD 9 Code:||444.9|
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'O88.3 - Obstetric pyemic and septic embolism'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code O88.3. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.