ICD-10-CM Code P29.0
Neonatal cardiac failure
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
| ICD-10 from 2011 - 2016
Newborn OnlyCode is only used for patients less than 1 year old.
P29.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of neonatal cardiac failure. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
- DRG Group #794 - Neonate with other significant problems.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Acute right-sided congestive heart failure (disorder)
- Age at onset of clinical finding (observable entity)
- < 29.0 days
- Acute congestive heart failure (disorder)
- Biventricular congestive heart failure (disorder)
- Acute left ventricular failure (disorder)
- Acute right-sided heart failure (disorder)
- Acute right heart failure (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'P29.0 - Neonatal cardiac failure'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code P29.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
Other specified conditions originating in the perinatal period (approximate match)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code P29.0 and a single ICD9 code, 779.89 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.
Parent Code: P29 - Cardiovascular disorders originating in the perinatal period